How to Properly Remove Make Up

I tried not removing makeup before sleep once and ever since,  I vowed to always always remove my makeup before sleep. I don't know if you've tried it but sleeping with makeup on, but if you're going to try it, you're going to have a bad time. (Hi there clogged pores, pimples etc. Having a party on my face while I was sleeping I see.)

Back then I used to use either cleansing lotion or the heavy duty blue and white liquid remover. The cleansing lotion was good for the skin but it didn't do the job well (waterproof mascara and eyeliner are almost impossible to be removed completely by it). The blue and white liquid remover did the removing job well but it was just too oily and I didn't like how my skin felt after using it.

I switched to a new makeup remover/cleansing product recently and I'm absolutely in love with it. I'll show you in a bit but before that I need to put on some make up first right?

I don't usually use any type of primer before make up. But recently I'm adding in one extra step for my skin's sake.

So after moisturizing and before putting on makeup, I protect my face with the Hada Labo Whitening UV Milk. I never used any UV protection on my face before this because I figured all those SPF offered in BB Cream should be enough right? TET! Wrong. I ended up with my face having a darker complexion than my body.

Anyway this is what Hada Labo Whitening UV Milk does:
- UV Protection SPF50+ PA+++
- Whitening
- Hydration
- Make up base

After moisturizing the face, pour some onto palm and apply evenly to face and neck. (Remember to shake well before use)

I avoided UV Protection last time because I didn't like the oily feeling after applying but this product doesn't leave that oily and greasy feel. It is quickly absorbed and I can then proceed to work on my makeup.

Okay makeup done! Hahahaha so sorry. This is the best I could do in 5 minutes.

But no worries as I had my waterproof mascara on, just to show you the effectiveness of the cleanser.

Say hello to my magic weapon, the Hada Labo Super Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizing Cleansing Oil! You will see why it is the best cleansing product in a while.

It is formulated with high purity olive oil(good for your skin!) and it instantly removes heavy makeup but at the same time is gentle to delicate eye area and eyelashes. (No more dropping lashes from harsh chemicals)

1. To remove makeup, first make sure your face and hands are dry. Then pump some Hada Labo Super Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizing Cleansing Oil onto your palm and gently massage your face with it. (I'm doing it on only one side of my face to show you the difference)
2. See all those black bits? Waterproof mascara and eyeliner is no match for this cleanser! They're removed so quickly and effortlessly.
3. Keep massaging until all the areas are covered. I actually enjoy massaging my face with the oil. I'm pretty sure massaging your face the right way brings several other benefits as well.
4. Finally, wet face to emulsify the cleanser, (See how it turns white? The cleansing oil is water soluble!) and then rinse of completely.

I was reluctant to try entirely oil-based cleansing product at first because I was dead against the feeling of oiliness and greasiness. I was proven wrong! The Hada Labo Super Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizing Cleansing Oil does not leave even the slightest oily or greasy feeling on my skin. Instead, my skin feels hydrated and fresh!

Ta-da! You can see that one side of my face is now totally free from makeup. Not even the slightest bit of mascara/eyeliner leftover is in sight.

But wait! Just to be extra sure and add some extra benefits to my skin, I double cleanse with the Hada Labo AHA/BHA Foaming Wash, which is also another favorite of mine.

AHA and BHA gently exfoliate skin to remove impurities, dirt and oil trapped within pores. People with blackheads like me, take note!!! AHA and BHA is the way to blackhead-free life. I learned this fact from my favorite beauty vlogger here: http://youtu.be/Rs1PHQZu5q8. You don't want to end up with a gold mine of blackhead on your nose do you.

When pumped out, this is what you get. So much easier to cleanse this way.

Okay so just pump a generous amount on your palm and cleanse your face. And then rinse off as usual.

Result? A hydrated clean face which is soft to the touch. Okay I don't know how to describe it exactly but after the steps above I just want to touch my face all day long because it's just so.. touchable.

Of course, after that you should continue the basic 4-step skincare regime. I'll show you mine in another upcoming post. More reviews on the way! Till then, enjoy your holidays.

Comments

Popular Posts